Thursday, June 4, 2009

Junior's fascination this week

For the past few months or longer, Junior has been thrilled to see the garbage truck come blazing through our alley every Friday. But ever since last Saturday when the garbage truck made a day-late visit due to Memorial day being that week, he has talked non-stop about it. It is cute to see him interested in one thing and want to know about it, but it starts to wear on me when the only question that seems to arise lately is "When trash truck coming?" Which leads me to say, "Not until Friday," and then prompts him to say, the ever popular..."WHY?" Of course no answer is ever good enough and that battle lasts 10 minutes. I wondered at that point if I was going to make it 6 more days until the garbage truck graced us with its presence again. Wednesday rolls around and we headed to my grandparents house for the day. As I turned the corner onto their street, overwhelming excitement consumed me as I saw trash bags on the curbs of every house! Could it be that Junior would not have to wait until Friday? Sure enough later that day, the truck came rolling by and Junior had a front row seat for the show. He was already outside coming back from checking the mail with his Great-Grandma. He could barely control himself! Much to his delight, just a few short days later, he got to see the truck again. Not once today, but twice it made its way down our alley! Oh the simple pleasures of a 2-1/2 year old.

1 comment:

kmg said...

Love it! I just hope this doesn't mean he wants to BE a trash man.