Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Busy summer

Below are a couple pictures of Gaga just to show you how busy our summer has been over the last few weeks.

One night Gaga had come out of her room a couple times trying to avoid going to sleep. We thought she had finally given up and was in her bed fast asleep. Not exactly. She was fast asleep in the hallway outside her room with pillow and her pig.


While up in the middle of the night feeding baby boy I will occasionally go and check on the kids before heading back to bed. This one night I head out and find this girl asleep half on and half off the couch! I guess she tried to make it to our room but didn't! (She is notorious for coming into our bed in the middle of the night. Most of the time we don't even know she came in until we wake up in the morning and find her next to us.)


Junior took swim lessons the first three weeks of the month. But it wasn't until the day before the last class that he decided he wasn't afraid of getting his face wet anymore. We have been going to a couple local pools quite often to get the kids in the water more often to help them learn how to swim. It definitely helped and now Junior is a little fish. Jumping around in the water doing silly tricks, practicing his swimming and diving for rings.


This past week was spent up at church every day for Vacation Bible School. I volunteered to help in the nursery so I could keep baby boy with me and feed him when he needed. Gaga was also in the same nursery with me but occasionally spent some time in the older nursery doing a couple crafts and going to music time with them. I am told that she really enjoyed the music time, dancing and doing the hand motions to the songs.


The last few days of the month we had to say "see you later" to a good friend of mine I met through a retreat I went on at church as her and her husband moved back home to be closer to family. She had "adopted" the kids as her grandkids and they in turn had "adopted" her as their Meemaw. We will surely miss seeing her!


We can expect the rest of the summer to be just as busy with me going back to work in a couple weeks :( , swimming often at the pool, two week long mini camps for Junior to attend at church, a visit from family up north, a short trip to Austin for 4th of July and a trip to the Bahamas near the end. Whew!

And these last two pictures that I just love!


2 comments:

kmg said...

The pic of Junior and Baby Boy is frame-worthy! Still cracks me up that Junior calls him his twin!!

nana said...

I need a copy of the two pictures of Junior and Baby Boy