Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still adjusting to the new year

It's almost February and we are still wondering where 2007 went. I usually have a hard time adjusting to a new year and redirecting all my thoughts for what's to come while keeping afloat with the things going on now.

We have tried to stay relatively busy around here. Like most toddlers Junior's age, he is much more alive and active if we are out and about exploring new things rather than staying indoors. We took a short trip to the Natatorium down the street from us to take Junior swimming. Of course it was sooo cold outside that day it did not help much for the atmosphere inside either. We were all a little chilly which dampened the mood, but we still managed to have fun! We have also had two play dates recently that Junior enjoyed tremendously. He is always excited to play/watch other toddlers his age. I have noticed that a lot of Junior's friends have first names that start with "J". So from now on, my friend from high school's son will be Big J and my friend from work's son will be Little J. We met up with each of them separately for play dates. One at Big J's house and the other at a play center filled with exciting slides and bounce houses.

There was one special weekend within the last month that I was able to travel down to visit my sister to have a "girl's weekend" and also visit my best friend's new addition to their family! It was bittersweet to leave that weekend. I wanted so much to be with Junior and Daddy, but knew that I needed to get away for a weekend and have some fun! So that is what I did! My best friend's new baby is adorable! I was hoping so much to be able to help her out as much as I could in the short 18 hour time frame I was going to be there. I think I succeeded! She was just grateful for a little break! The rest of the weekend I was with my sister running around town, going to a wine bar, eating out and dancing the night away! We had so much fun! I thank Daddy for taking care of Junior while I was away and letting me let loose for a weekend!

I will post pictures of all events separately within the next day or two.

No comments: