Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Junior graduates preschool

Junior has come such a long way since the first day of his 4 year old preschool class. The biggest change has been the confidence he has gained. He is much more independent and has better social skills with other peers and adults.

The 4 year old classes performed the "Three Piggy Opera" during their graduation. They had been practicing during music class for a while and each time they would practice different parts so the teacher could see who was the best fit for each part. I had already prepared myself to see Junior as a butterfly or a tree. When I saw the program I couldn't find Junior's name because it was next to the part of the wolf. I could not believe my eyes. Junior surprised me when he came out dressed as the wolf. He did such a great job stomping across the stage and blowing the houses down. The music teacher told me later that Junior was the best fit for the wolf because he could remember all the different parts that the wolf had to do. She said he was the only one to remember to pick up the big fork and spoon at the right time. I was such a proud mother that day!

Junior's teacher said something for each child as she called their name to receive their "diploma". For Junior she said that every time he talked to her he would have the most adult faces/expressions. I can attest to him being pretty animated and I'm sure he gets those faces from me!


Junior on the right as the wolf



"I want a big, fat pig to eat!"


The graduates coming in


Junior's class with teacher and aide (Junior on far left)

2 comments:

kmg said...

Aunt K is proud of Junior too!!

nana said...

Wow really proud of Junior!!