Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Adding to our bountiful blessings!

We found out on August 1st we were expecting baby #3! We are, of course, overjoyed to be adding to our family and watching it grow! My first appointment on August 25th was with the OB I used with Junior and Gaga. We were able to get a first look at our baby and hear the heartbeat at this time.

The first look at our new peanut @ 6weeks and 6 days (the white blob in the middle of the black hole)


When we told Junior and Gaga we were expecting another baby, Gaga of course didn't realize what was going on. Junior on the other hand had a couple of questions for us. One, would it come out tomorrow? And two, would we have to give Gaga back? That last one caught us by surprise. We laughed and told him that we would still keep Gaga and the new baby. The way he said it was so plain that we couldn't tell if he was going to be disappointed if we had to give her back or excited! I'm sure that he would have been disappointed if we said we would have to give her back. Aunt K called our house to talk shortly after we told Junior and Gaga. Little did we know that we should have told Junior not to tell anyone about the baby yet. He immediately got on the phone to talk and said, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" I could hear a little laugh on the other end of the line and then Aunt K said, "Were you supposed to tell me that?" Nonetheless, it was cute! We told family later by having Junior and Gaga wear big brother and big sister shirts. Most caught on quickly, but Great One had to have it spelled out for him.

I think I had been feeling baby move for quite some time, but finally pinpointed October 25th that I know it was definitely baby and not something else. I knew it would be a couple more weeks of growing bigger and stronger before Daddy would be able to feel baby and he finally did on November 8th. As soon as he can feel baby move it makes it more real to all of us.

At my first appointment with my OB she let me know that she was going to stop doing the OB side of her job and just take GYN patients. This was actually nice to hear because Daddy and I had already been thinking about using a midwife at the birthing center near our house for this pregnancy and birth that I was afraid to tell her I might not be coming back to see her. With Junior and Gaga I have pretty much had the pregnancies and births that I have wanted and planned for. It doesn't mean that I still would with this one so we opted, after much deliberation, to use the birthing center. Birthing there would give me many more possibilities of having the birth that I want including a water birth, that has always fascinated me. A few good friends have had their babies there and loved it! I have great support from them and my family which I am thankful for!

I have had a few appointments at the birthing center so far and they have been great! I am measuring right at my estimated week each time and the baby's heartbeat always sounds strong ranging from the 150's to 160's. My next appointment is next week and then another week after that is the big sono where they will make sure baby measures up to its due date and is developing normally. They will also be able to tell if it's a boy or a girl if it's positioned correctly. Before I even had Junior, I always said that if I had one child of each gender then I wouldn't find out with the 3rd one. Of course that is easy to say now because I haven't had the opportunity to find out. But I think Daddy and I are both on board with waiting until the birth to find out.


12 weeks


16 weeks

3 comments:

kmg said...

Do we have to give her back is the best line ever!!

Anna said...

Yeah! Congratulations to you all! You are looking great!!!

Anonymous said...

So excited for all four of you and especially if you don't have to give Gaga back.
You will do great at the birthing center
Love Nana