Now would be as good a time as any to explain how much Junior LOVES garbage trucks/trashmen. I know many little boys can become obsessed with one thing or another, but I never though mine would be head over heels for the garbage man/truck.
- He wants to be a trashman when he grows up!
- He can hear them coming from 5 blocks away.
- He knows what day of the week they come (Friday). When he asks what day it is before we leave to go somewhere and I tell him it is Friday he is then upset for the chance that we might be gone when they come by our house.
- He knows they do one side of the alley first and in about 10 minutes will be back to do the other side and will need the garage door left open so we don't miss it.
- When we visit my grandparents or parents and he sees trash bags on the side of the road when we turn on their street, it brightens his day knowing that he will be able to see the garbage truck.
- One day he asked me how many seats a garbage truck had. I told him probably just two. He was quiet for a little bit and then said, "Well, then Daddy will ride with me in the front and you and Gaga can hang on the back." (I don't think so, buddy!)
- He likes to play garbage man at the grocery store and will JUMP onto the side of the cart as soon as we get there, JUMP off to grab an item I point out to him, THROW it into the cart and proceed to JUMP back on the side of the cart ready for the next "bag of trash". (Our garbage truck has the forklift on the side to pick up the cans, but the one at my parents and grandparents house has the men that stand on the back and jump on and off to get bags of trash. That's where he gets this from.)
- All he wanted for his birthday was a garbage truck, not a toy one, but the real one. When I asked him where we would put it, he replied very plainly, "the backyard". Like that was a silly question for me to ask. Well, he did get his garbage truck, but just the toy one and it even had the forklift on the side to pick up a trashcan just like the one that comes to our house does. He pushes the lever and up goes the trashcan and forklift, dumps the trash and then pushes the lever back down. He loves it!
- The only other request I had was a garbage truck cake. WHAT?! Are you kidding me...well, I got that done too. I am no artist, but I was pretty proud of that cake and so was Junior!
Happy 4th Birthday sweet boy! We love you!!!
2 comments:
Like the goofy face.
What was the restaurant and the dessert?
Good job on the cake Mom!
Still amazes me about the garbage truck.
Nana
Post a Comment