Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

Junior had his first dentist appointment last Wednesday (26th) and I thought it went surprisingly well! He let the hygienist do everything and anything she needed to do. He went through each step without hesitation. First he climbed into the chair, then got the bib put on, then brushed the dino's teeth, then she looked at and counted all of his teeth (he has 20), then was introduced to Mr. Thirsty (spit sucker), and then received a good cleaning. The hygienist did not want to take xrays just yet because he was doing so well and she did not want to push her luck. She wanted to make sure this was a pleasant first experience for him; which it was! His favorite part was getting to pick out TWO toys from the treasure chest and of course his NEW toothbrush. On the way out he tried to finagle my goody bag into his...I don't think so! I was so proud of him!




Watching her like a hawk



"I've got this down pat, I'll watch cartoons now!"

2 comments:

Josh said...

Ugh! She's never let me brush a dinosaurs teeth!

Anonymous said...

Or pick out of the toy chest!
Nana